ACU – Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants
Arctic and Northern Regions
Community, Regional & Enterprise Development
Creative Arts, Culture and Heritage
Environment, Energy and Natural Resources
Governance and Public Policy
Information and Communication Technology
Oceans, Fisheries and Aquaculture
Well-being, Health and Biomedical Discovery
Academic Unit: Inquire within your unit
Memorial Deadline: Wednesday 22nd, December 2021
External Deadline: Friday 7th, January 2022
ACU Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants are awarded to member universities to support initiatives addressing climate resilience.
Open to academic and professional staff, the grants support collaborative work focused on either of the two main strategic priorities of the Commonwealth Climate Resilience Network (CCRN):
- * Enhancing the climate resilience of universities themselves, and/or
- * Enhancing universities’ contribution to the resilience of communities, business and government
The grants can be used for a diverse range of projects, workshops and events in areas such as:
- Improving learning, teaching, and training for climate change adaptation – e.g. virtual exchange or collaboration, teaching or professional practice collaboration and sharing and co-development of learning materials.
- Increasing the research capacity of CCRN members in climate change adaptation – e.g. virtual fellowships or collaboration, comparative analyses, research management and uptake capacity building, understanding and documenting indigenous knowledge and resilience practices.
- Improving institutional resilience policies and practice adopted by Commonwealth universities – e.g. developing tools, training and approaches to support contingency and continuity of operations planning at higher education institutions.
Four grants of up to GBP 2,500 each are available for staff at ACU member universities to help meet the costs of organizing projects that promote the aims and priorities of the CCRN.
This funding is only available for ACU members and we encourage applicants to collaborate with other ACU member institutions to promote further Commonwealth partnerships. We will also accept applications that are led by ACU members, but are in partnership with institutions outside of our network.
- To find out more please visit the website.