Health and Rights for Women, Adolescent girls and Children – Full Application
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Thursday 3rd, October 2019
External Deadline: Thursday 10th, October 2019
BY INVITATION ONLY
The Health and Rights for Women, Adolescent Girls and Children call for proposals is part of Canada’s historic investment to promote the health and rights of women and girls around the world, which was announced on June 4, 2019. Proposals sought under this call will adopt a feminist and sustainable approach to improve the health, human rights and well-being of diverse groups of women, adolescent girls and children.
This call for proposals will support projects that improve the quality of, access to, and demand for integrated health services and information for women, adolescents and children at the community, health facility and health system levels. At least 50% of the funding will be allocated to projects that address sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), particularly for women and adolescent girls, on identified critical gap areas:
- reproductive health services
- comprehensive sexuality education
- family planning and contraceptives
- safe and legal abortion and post-abortion care
- sexual and gender-based violence (including child, early and forced marriage, and female genital mutilation and cutting)
- advocacy activities for SRHR
Under this call, your proposed project must contribute to the achievement of this ultimate outcome:
- Increased enjoyment of health-related human rights by the most marginalized and vulnerable rights-holders, particularly women, adolescent girls and children, in official development assistance-eligible countries.