Alzheimer Society Research Program(ASRP) 2021-2022 Competition – LOI
Academic Unit: Inquire within your unit
Memorial Deadline: No RGCS review required for the LOI
External Deadline: Tuesday 6th, July 2021
The Proof of Concept Grant will support investigators with innovative, high-yield explorations into dementia research.
- For the 2021-2022 Alzheimer Society Research Program (ASRP) competition, Proof of Concept Grants will be pre-screened through a Letter of Intent (LOI) process to ensure they meet this grant application’s requirements/eligibility. Only those applications that are deemed to be truly Proof of Concept will be asked to submit a full application for peer review. Proof of Concept requirements are provided in full within the LOI process form on Survey Monkey Apply and the ASRP 2021-2022 Guidelines. Please refer to the ASRP 2021-2022 Guidelines for more information.
Doctoral Awards provide an opportunity for promising individuals, pursuing a PhD, to begin the process of becoming future independent investigators in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Amount: $66,000
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: Within 18 months of starting PhD program
Postdoctoral Awards are for graduates with a PhD or MD who wish to gain additional research experience within an established research environment.
- Amount: $100,000
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: Within 18 months of obtaining their PhD degree (extension may be given to MDs)
New Investigator Operating Grants are designed to help launch the careers of outstanding researchers who are within the first 4 years of their initial academic appointment
- Amount: $200,000
- Duration: Up to 4 years
- Eligibility: Within the first 4 years of initial faculty position
Proof of Concept Grants are designed to fund established researchers in conducting innovative, high-risk and high-reward approaches to dementia research. Please do not submit existing hypotheses.
- Amount: $100,000
- Duration: Up to 5 years
- Eligibility: Principal investigators must hold a faculty position at a Canadian university or affiliated institution.
- Launch of Proof of Concept, LOI process: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 8:00 a.m. EDT
- Proof of Concept LOI deadline: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EDT
- Launch of competition: Friday, September 10, 2021
- Application deadline: Friday, November 5, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EST
- Results announced: May 2022
- Commencement of funding: July 2022
- Additional information can be found at the Alzheimer Society’s Website