Bladder Cancer Canada-EMD Serono-Pfizer Quality Improvement Request for Proposals
Academic Unit: inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: Wednesday 25th, May 2022
External Deadline: Monday 30th, May 2022
Bladder Cancer Canada is the first and only patient advocacy organization dedicated solely to bladder cancer patients since it was created in 2009.
Bladder Cancer Canada’s vision is to support bladder cancer patients and their teams, increase awareness of bladder cancer among the general public and medical community as well as fund research which pursue the diagnosis, treatment and elimination of bladder cancer.
Beyond treatment, Pfizer and EMD Serono work hand-in-hand with the broader cancer community to best support patients living with cancer. In this spirit, Pfizer and EMD Serono are very proud to partner with Bladder Cancer Canada to launch this Request for Proposals (RFP) program aimed at helping to improve the lives of people living with bladder cancer and help reduce the gap in funding of high-priority research topics for patients, caregivers, and scientists.
Responses to this RFP will be reviewed by an Expert Review Panel led by Bladder Cancer Canada. The panel will be comprised of bladder cancer experts (patients and medical experts) and a Pfizer and EMD Serono Medical Affairs representative. The Expert Review Panel will make all final grant decisions.
Date RFP Issued: April 11, 2022
Geographic Scope: Canada
Clinical Area: Oncology – Genitourinary – Urothelial Carcinoma
Application Due Date: May 30, 2022
Specific Area of Interest: The scope of this RFP includes projects that achieve one or more of the following:
- – Facilitate healthcare systems and providers to engage patients, their caregivers, and families in shared decision-making
- – Encourage the use of multi-disciplinary care models (e.g., nurse navigators and palliative care)
- – Use evidence-based educational strategies that are aligned with the desired results of the intervention
- – Improve the integration and standardization of care across affiliated hospitals, systems, and regions
- – Implement approaches to optimize care throughout the patient cancer experience, including optimal access to clinical trials and evidence-based treatment
- If you have questions regarding this RFP, please direct them in writing to Jacqueline Waldrop, Grant Officer (Jacqueline.Waldrop@Pfizer.com).