Brain Canada and Weizmann Institute of Science Team Grants – Registration
Academic Unit: inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: RIS review not required for registration
External Deadline: Thursday 8th, February 2024
Together with the Weizmann Institute of Science (WIS) and Weizmann Canada, Brain Canada is thrilled to announce the launch of the Brain Canada & Weizmann Institute of Science Team Grants.
This program aims to leverage strengths and foster international collaboration between researchers in Canada and the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel. Its purpose is to support hypothesis-driven research that will advance our understanding of the brain and brain disorders.
The research topic will focus on hypothesis-driven inquiries on the brain and nervous system, and may span the range of basic, translational, and clinical approaches, including:
- -Basic research into fundamental properties and mechanisms, including functional studies based on the use of “-omics” data.
- -Projects related to disease or dysfunction of the nervous system leading to new insights into fundamental biological mechanisms.
- -Projects that experimentally test novel hypotheses addressing therapeutic or interventional approaches for brain disorders.
- -Projects aimed at developing novel methods, if these methods allow new neuroscience questions to be answered.
- -Projects, such as those using epidemiological, “-omics”, or other approaches, that will generate large datasets, if hypotheses are clearly stated.
The Brain Canada & Weizmann Institute of Science Team Grants program has an overall funding envelope of $1,500,000 CAD to support up to three grants of $500,000 CAD each over two years. This funding opportunity is open to research teams of two or more members and must include a minimum of two independent investigators. At least one independent investigator must be conducting research at, and affiliated with, an eligible academic institution in Canada, and one at the Weizmann Institute of Science, designated as co-Principal Investigators.
Click here to view the Request for Applications
Click here to download the Registration Form
Registration Form Deadline: 17:00 EST / 23:59 IST on February 8, 2024
Full Application Deadline: 17:00 EDT / 23:59 IDT on April 11, 2024