CAAIF Research Fellowship in Immunology Supported by Takeda Canada
Academic Unit: Inquire with your unit
Memorial Deadline: Wednesday 26th, May 2021
External Deadline: Monday 31st, May 2021
The objectives of the CAAIF Research Fellowship in Immunology are to:
- * Increase Canadian research related to Clinical Immunology,
- * Support the research career of promising researchers, and
- * Produce high-quality research related to Clinical Immunology
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- There is one Fellowship available for $50,000.
The Fellowship is for one year, non-renewable. Fellowships must commence within six (6) months of receiving the Award.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE
Applications must be submitted by May 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST (please note the time zone is Eastern Standard Time)
- Applicant must be a postdoctoral fellow or in a research-based fellowship* (PhD, MD or equivalent) within the first five years of obtaining their advanced degree (with adjustment made for career interruptions**).
- The Fellowship must be held at a Canadian University, affiliated teaching institution or Research Institute and the supervisor must have an academic appointment in that University or Institute.
- * Residents currently completing their Allergy and Clinical Immunology training are not eligible to hold this Fellowship.
- *Career interruptions include: parental leave, illness, health-related family responsibilities, mandatory military service, disruptions due to war, civil conflicts and/or natural disasters in the country of residence.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Candidates are requested to complete the online Fellowship application form and e-mail two (2) letters of references separately to the CAAIF Administrative offices at email@example.com.
- EVALUATION PROCEDURE
- The quality of the trainee, the research project and the training environment will be considered by the Committee that will adjudicate the Fellowship. More specifically, points considered in the assessment of an application are as follows:
- * Academic achievements of the applicant
- * Quality and clarity of the proposed research project and the potential to increase research capacity related to Clinical Immunology
- * Appropriateness of the proposed research or training project to further the applicant’s research career
- * Publication record of the applicant and contributions to published work
- * Supervisor qualifications as a mentor and strength of learning environment
- * Strength of references
- CONDITIONS OF FUNDING
* A final report on the results of the research project must be submitted no later than six (6) months after completion of the research project.
- * Awardees may be invited to present resulting research findings at future CSACI Annual Scientific Meetings or CAAIF events.
- * Awardees must acknowledge the assistance given by CAAIF in any publication or presentation made during or resulting from the tenure of the Fellowship.
- * Awardees are required to notify CAAIF immediately of any and all additional awards received during the tenure of the This award cannot be held concurrently with other fellowship or similar support over $10,000/annum.
- TERMINATION OF THE AWARD
- This Award may be terminated at any time with 30 days written notice for good and sufficient reason by the Awardee, the host University/Institution or CAAIF. If terminated, all unspent funds as at the termination date, must be returned immediately to CAAIF
- NUMBER OF AWARDS
- AWARD AMOUNT
- TOTAL AMOUNT AWARDED
- Additional information can be found here.