Canada Graduate Scholarships – Indigenous Scholars Awards and Supplements Pilot Initiative
Academic Unit: inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: Monday 28th, November 2022
External Deadline: Thursday 1st, December 2022
The Indigenous Scholars Awards and Supplements Pilot Initiative will provide financial support to meritorious Indigenous students who have applied to the Canada Graduate Scholars—Master’s program (CGS M).
Value and duration
The Indigenous Scholars Award is valued at $17,500 over 12 months.
The Indigenous Scholars Supplement is valued at $5,000 over 12 months.
- be eligible to apply to the CGS M program;
- self-identify as Indigenous for the purposes of this initiative;
- provide a one-page (3,000 characters maximum) personal statement; and
- have had their application deemed meritorious in the CGS M review process.
Meritorious applications include all applications that have received the status “Offered” or “Alternate” in the Research Portal (see selection process for the CGS M program for more information):
- Offered: CGS M applicants who are offered and accept a CGS M award and who are eligible for the Indigenous Scholars Award will keep the CGS M award and will be offered the Indigenous Scholars Supplement, to the limit of available funding.
- Alternate: CGS M applicants who are not offered a CGS M award but whose application is deemed meritorious by being deemed an alternate candidate and who are eligible for the Indigenous Scholars Award will be offered, to the limit of available funding, both the Indigenous Scholars Award and the Indigenous Scholars Supplement.
Additional Information can be found on SSHRC’s website.