Canadian Cancer Society Accelerator Grants – Full Application
Academic Unit: inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: Friday 15th, July 2022
External Deadline: Wednesday 20th, July 2022
The overarching goal of this funding program is to accelerate the application of high-quality evidence that is meaningful to people affected by cancer in the near term (i.e. 2-5 years).
Through CCS Accelerator Grants, we will support research that addresses one of the following:
- Synthesis Grants: Applications that aim to synthesize existing evidence (both qualitative and quantitative) to conclusively identify unmet cancer-related needs, identify research gaps, or to pool existing evidence to determine implementation strategy effectiveness. The expectation is that funded syntheses would contribute to informing decisions about programs, procedures, practices, or policies that will be meaningful to people affected by cancer.
- Implementation Science Grants: Applications that aim to identify, assess, develop and evaluate strategies that can influence the adoption, implementation and sustainment of validated, efficacious, reproducible, and needed evidence-based interventions – including programs, practice guidelines and policies) (or conversely, de-implementation of ineffective, contradicted, mixed, and untested (i.e. potentially harmful) health interventions) that will be meaningful to people affected by cancer.
- Abstract registrations due: May 25, 2022
- Notification of Relevance results: June 2, 2022
- Full applications due: July 20, 2022
- Results announcement: October 2022
- Anticipated start date: October 15, 2022
Funding will be available for:
- up to $100k per synthesis grant over 1-2 yrs (max $50k/yr)
- up to $200k per implementation science grant over 1-2 yrs (max $100k/yr)
- approximately $1.6M in total may be awarded in this funding envelope
View the full funding opportunity here.