CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program
Arctic and Northern Regions
Community, Regional & Enterprise Development
Creative Arts, Culture and Heritage
Environment, Energy and Natural Resources
Governance and Public Policy
Information and Communication Technology
Oceans, Fisheries and Aquaculture
Well-being, Health and Biomedical Discovery
Academic Unit: Inquire with your unit
Memorial Deadline: Friday 22nd, October 2021
External Deadline: Wednesday 27th, October 2021
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is one of the most prestigious early-career research opportunities in the world. Scholars are selected for their research excellence and receive mentoring from the world’s leading academics. They join the CIFAR community of international researchers to collaborate across disciplines and explore the most important questions facing science and humanity.
- Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar receives:
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate, and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put skills into action.
|Who is eligible:
Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.We invite applications from early-career research leaders who can engage with any of the following CIFAR research programs:
The time span from application deadline to final selection is about five months.
Successful candidates will become CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars for a two-year term, beginning on April 1, 2022.
September 1, 2021 – Call for applications opens.
October 27, 2021 –Application deadline 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7)
By January 25, 2022 –Shortlisted finalists are notified and invited to attend a virtual interview. All other applicants will be notified after the finalists have confirmed their attendance.
March 21-23, 2022 –The Selection Committee interviews the shortlisted finalists via Zoom.
By March 31, 2022 –Finalists are notified of the competition results.
April 2022 –Virtual orientation meeting for the new cohort.
May 2022 – CIFAR publicly announces the 2022 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars.
Fall 2022 –CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars annual meeting with special all-cohort assembly.
- Additional information can be found on the CIFAR’s Website