CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Thursday 30th, January 2020
External Deadline: Wednesday 5th, February 2020
The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR), a Canadian-based global organization, brings together 370 researchers from 18 countries to work in collaborative research programs that address some of the most complex challenges facing the world today.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- -$100,000 CDN in unrestricted research support
- -A two-year active term in a CIFAR research program, a global network of top-tier research leaders
- -Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with colleagues from a range of disciplines
- -Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- -Interactive, expert-led training in leadership and communications skills, and support to put thier skills into action.
Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research. Scholars’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program. In 2020, the CIFAR research programs eligible to accept applications are:
- Child & Brain Development
- Learning in Machines & Brains
- Quantum Information Science
- Quantum Materials
NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply.
Applications must be submitted before February 5, 2020. A detailed overview of the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program, along with eligibility requirements and how to apply, are available on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.