CIHR – Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH)/Canadian Sleep Society (CSS) 2019 Sleep Congress Travel Awards
Academic Unit: Inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: Monday 23rd, September 2019
External Deadline: Thursday 26th, September 2019
The objective of the CIHR-ICRH/CSS 2019 World Sleep Congress Travel Awards competition is to recognize the research contribution made by Canadian students and postdoctoral fellows in the field of sleep research. CSS and CIHR-ICRH will jointly provide funding to students and postdoctoral fellows working in sleep research in Canada to travel to the 2019 World Sleep Congress in Vancouver, BC from September 20-25, 2019, to present their research, which must be determined to be relevant to both the CSS and CIHR-ICRH mandates.
- The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $10,000. Of this, CSS will contribute a total of $5,000 to the competition. CSS and CIHR-ICRH will administer their own funds.
- The maximum amount for a single award is $1,000.
Specific Eligibility Requirements:
- CIHR-ICRH/CSS will provide funding for travel that occurs before the funding start date (January 1, 2020) to attend the 2019 World Sleep Congress. Successful applicants will pay for their own travel costs upfront and will be reimbursed as per the budget submitted with the application up to the award maximum.
- A sponsor report (letter of support) completed by your supervisor or someone from your institution must confirm your enrolment at the Bachelor’s level in a medical, biology, neuroscience, psychology, dental or pharmacy degree OR your status as a full-time Master’s or PhD student, OR as a post-doctoral fellow at a recognized Canadian academic institution.
- Please attach confirmation of your current Canadian Sleep Society membership (in good standing) when completing your application. Failure to do so will result in the application being withdrawn from the competition.
- Previous CIHR-ICRH/CSS Travel Award winners are eligible to reapply to this competition.
- Applicants must upload proof of a World Sleep 2019 abstract submission to their application.
More information HERE