Competition launch for Networks of Centres of Excellence
Memorial Deadline: Friday 7th, July 2017
External Deadline: Wednesday 15th, November 2017
The Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE) is pleased to announce the launch of a competition for NCE networks. The funding available is $75 million over five years. Both new and established networks are eligible to apply for funding in this competition.
Networks must be challenge-focused and solution-driven. They are expected to foster innovative research, training and the co-creation of new knowledge on critical issues of intellectual, social, economic and cultural significance. They must engage partners in the design and execution of all network activities, including knowledge creation, mobilization and exploitation.
Internal Selection Process
For any Academic Units interested in developing an application for the upcoming Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE) program competition (see full details here: http://www.nce-rce.gc.ca/Competitions-Competitions/Index_eng.asp), you are asked to please submit an internal pre-proposal on or before 4pm, Friday July 7th, 2017.
Pre-proposals will have a 2-page limit and must provide the following information:
- 1) Description of the proposed Network and potential for impact on a national/global scale. The area of proposed research and researchers should cover the mandates of at least two of the three federal granting agencies (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR).
- 2) The proposed governance and management structure.
- 3) List of anticipated/secured partners (including international partners)
- 4) Funding plan including anticipated funding request and any anticipated/secured commitments of cash and in-kind support for matching funds (identifying co-funders); pre-proposals must clearly delineate funding levels that are secured vs. anticipated
- 5) Names of 10 Memorial researchers that are proposed to be included as “applicants/co-applicants” in a full NCE application; note these researchers should demonstrate existing world-leading strength at Memorial in the research area provided in (1)
- 6) Anticipated outcomes of the proposed 5-year NCE
Pre-proposals (in PDF format) must be submitted by Deans (or AVPA for MI) to CREAIT, CRC and CFI Services (CCCS) via e-mail to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, or require any assistance, please contact Marlies Rise, Director, CCCS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NCE Secretariat will host information webinars in late August and mid-September. In order to participate in the webinars, all potential applicants are asked to indicate their intention to submit an LOI by August 23, 2017 (by email to email@example.com) for those wishing to participate in our August webinars. Applicants for the September webinars can contact the NCE Secretariat (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) after that date. At this point, the number of webinars (and their dates and times) has not been finalized. The NCE will set dates and times for webinars based on applicant demand.
The deadline for LOIs is November 15, 2017.
For information on the competition, consult the competition documents and frequently asked questions.