Dobbin Atlantic Scholarship Programme
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Friday 12th, October 2018
External Deadline: Wednesday 17th, October 2018
Awards are paid directly to the awardees and not required to be administered by the institution. As such, RGCS Institutional Review and Approval are not required, however please note the following:
- – Graduate students wishing to apply for this opportunity are encouraged to contact the School of Graduate Studies to ensure there are no conflicts with their academic programs.
- – Faculty members are encouraged to discuss the possibility of leave with their academic units.
- – Faculty members who would like Memorial University to administer their award funds on their behalf in a research grant account will be required to meet the internal RGCS review deadline noted above.
The objective of this program is to develop a new generation of academic, artistic, cultural and economic links between Atlantic Canada and Ireland. Scholarships will be awarded to successful Irish and Canadian applicants, in support of research trips between Ireland and the Atlantic provinces of Canada, with the awards supporting research visits for a period of three to five weeks.
Successful research projects will explore areas such as;
- – our common culture, history and heritage
- – the potential of our shared resources
- – scientific and technological innovation
This programme is made possible through the generous continued support of the Dobbin family, and the Department of Foreign Affairs (Ireland).
Applications must be submitted to ICUF by Wednesday 17th of October. For more information on the Programme and to find out how to apply, click here.