Dobbin Atlantic Scholarship Programme
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Tuesday 19th, November 2019
External Deadline: Sunday 24th, November 2019
Awards are paid directly to the awardees and not required to be administered by the institution. As such, RGCS Institutional Review and Approval are not required, however please note the following:
- – Graduate students wishing to apply for this opportunity are encouraged to contact the School of Graduate Studies to ensure there are no conflicts with their academic programs.
- – Faculty members are encouraged to discuss the possibility of leave with their academic units.
- – Faculty members who would like Memorial University to administer their award funds on their behalf in a research grant account will be required to meet the internal RGCS review deadline noted above.
The objective of this program is to develop a new generation of academic, artistic, cultural and economic links between Atlantic Canada and Ireland. Scholarships will be awarded to successful Irish and Canadian applicants, in support of research trips between Ireland and the Atlantic provinces of Canada, with the awards supporting research visits for a period of three to five weeks.
Successful research projects will explore areas such as;
- – our common culture, history and heritage
- – the potential of our shared resources
- – scientific and technological innovation
This programme is made possible through the generous continued support of the Dobbin family, and the Department of Foreign Affairs (Ireland). Additional program information can be found here.
If you have not used Reviewr in the past, you will need to set up an account, before beginning your application. To begin the application process, please CLICK HERE (please note – this link is only for Dobbin Atlantic Scholarship applications). Applications must be submitted by 1700 hrs EST / 2200 hrs GMT on Sunday, 24th November 2019.