Early Career Investigator Awards in Circulatory and Respiratory Health
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Friday 20th, September 2019
External Deadline: Wednesday 25th, September 2019
The 2019 Early Career Investigator Awards in Circulatory and Respiratory Health provide recipients with the opportunity to develop and demonstrate their independence in initiating and conducting research in ICRH mandate areas. These awards are designed to provide protected time for early-career investigators to undertake research by contributing to both salary and research allowances.
Funding is available to support projects that are determined to be relevant to the following specific research areas:
- The CIHR Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH) and the Institute of Indigenous Peoples’ Health (IIPH) will provide funding to support *Indigenous Health Research in any of ICRH’s mandate areas.
ICRH in partnership with Canadian Blood Services (CBS) will provide funding to support transfusion science research relevant to both ICRH mandates and CBS Mission (See eligibility requirements and conditions of funding) across any of the CIHR research themes (biomedical, clinical, health services, or population health research).
ICRH in partnership with Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CF Canada) will provide funding for cystic fibrosis research, across any of the CIHR research themes (biomedical, clinical, health services or population health research).
The CIHR Institute of Infection and Immunity (III) will provide funding to support research integrating infection and immunity knowledge in the control and prevention of circulatory and respiratory diseases.
- ICRH will provide funding to support research relevant to any of ICRH’s mandates.
*Indigenous Health Research is defined as any field or discipline related to health and/or wellness that is conducted by, grounded in or engaged with, First Nations, Inuit or Métis communities, societies or individuals and their wisdom, cultures, experiences or knowledge systems, as expressed in their dynamic forms, past and present.
CIHR and partner(s) financial contributions for this initiative are subject to availability of funds. Should CIHR or partner(s) funding levels not be available or are decreased due to unforeseen circumstances, CIHR and partner(s) reserve the right to reduce, defer or suspend financial contributions to awards received as a result of this funding opportunity.
- The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $2,415,000, enough to fund approximately seven (7) awards. This amount may increase if additional funding partners participate. The maximum amount per award is $ 115,000 per year for up to three (3) years for a total of $345,000 per award. Of this $115,000, applicants may request:
- Salary contribution: up to a maximum of 40% or $46,000 per annum, including fringe benefits;
- Research Allowance: a minimum of 60% or $69,000 per annum.
- Of this $2,415,000:
$345,000 is available to fund 1 CIHR-ICRH/CF Canada 2019 Early Career Investigator Award in Cystic Fibrosis Research
345,000 is available to fund 1 CIHR-ICRH 2019 Early Career Investigator Award relevant to ICRH’s mandates
- See additional information on Research Net