France Canada Research Fund – 2022 New Scientific Collaboration Support Program
Academic Unit: Inquire within your unit
Memorial Deadline: Inquire with RGCS
External Deadline: Friday 10th, December 2021
This program is open to every field of expertise and provides funding for new scientific projects jointly developed by French and Canadian teams that have never worked together before. Applications must come from principal investigators (PIs), both part of research establishment located in France and Canada. Please note that PhD Candidates and Postdoctoral position are not eligible to apply to this program as PIs. The funding is awarded to two-year projects in amounts ranging from $8,000 to $15,000 CAD, according to the needs expressed by the principal investigators. This two-year period may be extended depending on the evolution of the pandemic situation.
This financing is primarily intended to support the mobility of researchers and their students. Submitted proposals must be joint projects between a French institution (all universities, Grandes Écoles, and research organizations are eligible) and one of the 20 FCRF’s Canadian member universities, including Memorial University.
Although this call is open to all research fields, FCRF will fund up to 5 of the total grants to projects aligned with the 2020 strategic theme “Impact of global change on Oceans and Coastal regions” (see appendix 1 of Guidelines).
Full program details may be found here: https://francecanadaculture.org/france-canada-research-fund/
- Submission process:
- There is a quota for 5 applications that can be put forward from Memorial. A selection process may be implemented. Please see below for submission details and deadlines.
Step 1: Internal compliance review submission to Research Grant & Contract Services (RGCS)
- Deadline: November 4, 2021 at 5 pm (Newfoundland Time)
- What to Submit: a copy of the completed application form including required CVs
- (https://francecanadaculture.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Application-form_FCRF-2022_EN-1.doc )
- How to Submit: via email to Vicki Gill, Grants Coordinator, RGCS, firstname.lastname@example.org, please use subject line FCRF. Applicants should also copy their department head, associate dean and grants facilitator.
A compliance review of the application will be carried out to ensure the application meets MUN/sponsor requirements. RGCS will provide confirmation/comments to applicants once the review is complete and follow up with units for approval..
Step 2: Pre-selection submission to RGCS and FCRF
- Deadline: November 12, 2021 (23:59, Pacific Time)
- What to Submit: a copy of the finalized, completed application form including CV’s (see 2022 FCRF Guidelines for appropriate file naming conventions – https://francecanadaculture.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Guidelines-FCRF-2022_EN.pdf )
- How to submit:
- via email to Embassy of France’s Scientific Office: email@example.com
- with copy to Memorial University’s FCRF Correspondent:firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the Step 2 submission, an adjudication/selection process may be implemented, if required, to select applications to be confirmed as part of the Memorial University quota. Further details will be provided directly to applicants, including details regarding MUN Researcher Portal submission.
Step 3: Confirmation of selected applications to Embassy of France
Deadline: December 10, 2021
RGCS will inform applicants whether their applications will be included as part of the quota. RGCS will confirm with the Embassy of France which applications will be going forward under the quota.
RGCS contact: Vicki Gill, Grants Coordinator, email@example.com, , 864-3045
Sponsor contact: firstname.lastname@example.org <> 613-562-3794