Harris Centre-MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Applications are submitted directly to Harris Centre
External Deadline: Inquire with Harris Centre
Applications are administered through the Harris Centre.
Open to all faculty, students and staff at Memorial, the Harris Centre – MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund provides up to $15,000 per project/per year to investigate waste management issues in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The objectives of the fund are:
• To stimulate research in solid waste management issues;
• To incorporate community needs in research projects;
• To provide research evidence for public policy makers;
• To assist community groups in their local decision-making;
• To build a network of interested partners representing a diversity of sectors; and
• To make a difference in the lives of Newfoundland and Labrador people.
Coordinator, Yaffle & Funding Programs
The Leslie Harris Centre of Regional Policy and Development