Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Thursday 10th, January 2019
External Deadline: Tuesday 15th, January 2019
Innovation Grants support the highest quality creative problem solving in cancer research. The goal of the Innovation program is to support the development and testing of unconventional concepts and approaches to address problems in cancer research, enhance our understanding of cancer, and generate new approaches to confront the challenges we face in defeating cancer.
Budgets awarded may be up to $100,000 per year and a maximum of $200,000 per grant.
It is anticipated that approximately 22 grants will be awarded in this competition.
Please note the following:
- There must be no overlap (100% unique aims) with any held or pending application including those at the registration, abstract or Letter of Intent submission stage to any agency as of January 15, 2019. Duplicate applications will not be accepted.
- Note that the Abstract registration phase has been removed. Only Full applications are required for this competition.
- A special call for breast cancer research is included in this competition. For applicants wishing to be considered under the breast cancer research initiative, a relevance statement is required that explicitly demonstrates how the project is relevant to breast cancer.
- Innovative applications with a focus on cancer prevention and survivorship are encouraged.
- Additional funds may be available from the Lotte and John Hecht Memorial Foundation, to support innovative projects focused on the application of complementary and alternative approaches in cancer treatment and control.
Please visit the CCS website for additional program details.