Mitacs Elevate – Full Application
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Thursday 4th, February 2021
External Deadline: Wednesday 10th, February 2021
Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with a customized research management training component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- An exclusive research management curriculum for postdoctoral fellows in any discipline.
- A minimum one-year research project (normally two years in duration) with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise.
- A Partner Organization Business Case, developed to outline project objectives, risks, and stakeholder success criteria, and ensure project value.
Elevate fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the two-year fellowship, Elevate fellows divide their time between their partner organization project and university-based research with their faculty supervisor.
Elevate fellows receive:
- $55,000 minimum annual stipend/salary (for fellowships awarded after April 1, 2018)
- Training curriculum valued at $7,500 per year
- Submission assistance, including application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
- Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission.
Mitacs recognizes that due to the pandemic and the uncertainties it’s created, you may be operating with limited ability to plan future research projects. If you feel that you cannot submit an Elevate proposal at this time due to the pandemic, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be found here.