Mitacs Elevate – Full Applications
Academic Unit: Inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: Thursday 11th, July 2019
External Deadline: Wednesday 17th, July 2019
Mitacs is now accepting Elevate applications.
- Key deadlines:
- June 19, 2019 – Intent to Apply and Conflict of Interest declaration deadline
- July 17, 2019 – Full applications due
Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with a customized research management training component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- An exclusive research management curriculum for postdoctoral fellows in any discipline
- A minimum one-year research project (normally two years in duration) with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
- A Partner Organization Business Case, developed to outline project objectives, risks, and stakeholder success criteria, and ensure project value
Elevate fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the two-year fellowship, Elevate fellows divide their time between their partner organization project and university-based research with their faculty supervisor.
Elevate fellows receive:
- $55,000 minimum annual stipend/salary (for fellowships awarded after April 1, 2018)
- Training curriculum valued at $7,500 per year
- Submission assistance, including application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
- Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission.