Mitacs Elevate – Intent to Apply and Conflict of Interest
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: RGCS review not required for Expression of Interest
External Deadline: Wednesday 8th, January 2020
*NEW* We accept cross-provincial Elevate applications, where the partner and university are in different provinces.
About the program
Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with a customized research management training component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- An exclusive research management curriculum for postdoctoral fellows in any discipline.
- A minimum one-year research project (normally two years in duration) with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise.
- A Partner Organization Business Case, developed to outline project objectives, risks, and stakeholder success criteria, and ensure project value.
Elevate fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the two-year fellowship, Elevate fellows divide their time between their partner organization project and university-based research with their faculty supervisor.
Elevate fellows receive:
- $55,000 minimum annual stipend/salary (for fellowships awarded after April 1, 2018)
- Training curriculum valued at $7,500 per year
- Submission assistance, including application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
- Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission