MITACS – Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
Academic Unit: inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: Tuesday 1st, February 2022
External Deadline: Friday 4th, February 2022
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) (Japan – travel from Canada)
- Deadline: February 4, 2022, at 5 p.m. PT
- Level: Full-time master’s and PhD students, postdoctoral fellows
- Themes: All disciplines
- Other requirements: Interns must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Eligible institutions: complete list here: Japanese national, public or private universities, Inter-University Research Institute Corporation, National Laboratories, Prefectural Research Institutes, Independent Administrative Institutions, Non-Profit Organizations, Corporations etc.
- Co-funding: No financial contribution is required from the Canadian university
- Award amount: JSPS arranges round-trip airfare and insurance. Mitacs and JSPS provide an allowance for the student or postdoctoral fellow (equivalent to 534,000 yen in total). Host supervisors are eligible for a research support allowance.
- Duration: 9 weeks
- Internship dates: Projects must take place during the period set by the JSPS. The dates for the 2022 program are June 9 – August 11, 2022. More details can be found here. Note that dates are tentative and may be subject to change.
- Application process and submission: instructions here. Submission to Mitacs through the local Mitacs Business Development representative