Mitacs – Research Training Award
Academic Unit: Inquire with your unit
Memorial Deadline: Friday 22nd, May 2020
“Since this is a new opportunity for students through Mitacs, questions about the program can be directed to RGCS at email@example.com.”
In partnership with member universities, Mitacs is launching the Mitacs Research Training Award.
The award will provide
opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to undertake a short-term paid research
training internship at a
Canadian host institution. Students receive an opportunity to enhance their skills through
interaction with faculty and
hands-on research and training experience; projects must begin by August 31, 2020.
The primary goals of the program are to:
• Enable students to develop connections/collaborations with PSE faculty members/researchers
• Provide students with hands-on research and training experience
• Build students’ research skills, project management skills and subject/ technical knowledge
• Increase awareness of potential educational and career pathways for students
• Identification of new research connections or directions, potential for further collaboration, or project continuation through other Mitacs programming.
Additional information can be found here.
Memorial has the following 70 placements available:
- – Co-operative Work Term Students (24 placements available)
- – Non-Co- operative Undergraduate Students (23 placements available)
- – Graduate Students (23 placements available)
***This opportunity is based on a quota from Mitacs. Once the quota is filled, applications will no longer be accepted.