Mitacs with United Way – Accelerate Internships Related to Social Inclusion (LOI)
External Deadline: Monday 8th, January 2018
Research Grant and Contract Services is not required to sign off at the LOI stage of this funding opportunity. Please notify your Associate Dean (Research) and Department Head of your intention to submit an LOI to this competition.
Mitacs has partnered with the United Way to support research on themes surrounding social inclusion in five regions across Canada.
This grant aims to identify talented researchers conducting thesis or dissertation research related to social inclusion. Research may focus on one or more of the following broad themes:
- – Reduced isolation
- – Access to services
- – Stronger neighbourhoods
- – Diversity
- – Employment for groups that are more often excluded from the workforce
Funding is offered through the Mitacs Accelerate program, so graduate students and postdocs are eligible, and no additional partner organization is required. Interested applicants can submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) outlining their proposed research topic until January 8, 2018.
If you have any questions, contact Mitacs at email@example.com.
- – Submit a Letter of Intent via this webform by January 8, 2018
- – Successful applicants will be notified by February 15 2018
- – Full proposals will be due by April 1, 2018 (by invitation only)
- – Projects must begin during the summer or fall of 2018