New Horizons for Seniors Program – Pan-Canadian Stream – Call for Concepts
Academic Unit: inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: Thursday 9th, November 2023
External Deadline: Wednesday 15th, November 2023
The objective is to invite eligible organizations to submit an application that broadly describes a concept for a collective impact plan that will measurably increase the social inclusion of vulnerable seniors.
This process aims to:
– build the collective capacity of organizations to recognize and address barriers to social inclusion faced by vulnerable seniors
– provide access to information, programs, and services for vulnerable seniors to enhance their social inclusion within their communities
– support services to seniors as part of action research to better understand effective approaches for increasing the level of social inclusion of vulnerable seniors in their communities
– develop innovative approaches to engage and keep senior volunteers to improve their social inclusion in their communities
– address systemic barriers that contribute to the social isolation of vulnerable seniors
Through this process, we will fund backbone organizations to act as intermediaries. Backbone organizations will work with collaborating organizations to put in place a collective impact initiative.
Call for concepts
A 2-step process used in determining Grants and Contributions funding. Step 1 is a competitive process where applicants submit their concepts. Those successful in the first step get invited to the second step. Step 2 consists of developing a full proposal based on the successful step 1 concept.
November 1, 2023 at 1 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (French)
November 2, 2023 at 1 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (English)
If you are interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31 at 12pm (noon), Eastern Daylight Time. In your email, specify your preferred language (English or French) and if you need accommodations by October 31 at 12pm (noon). You will be sent the instructions on how to attend.
Application Period: October 4, 2023 at 12 pm (noon), Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) to November 15, 2023 at 3 pm, Eastern Standard Time (EST)
See here for more information.