Pfizer Global Medical Grants (GMG) Emerging Science in the Management of Acute Myeloid Leukemia – RFP
Academic Unit: inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: Wednesday 30th, August 2023
External Deadline: Thursday 7th, September 2023
Pfizer Global Medical Grants (GMG) supports the global healthcare community’s independent initiatives (e.g., research, quality improvement, or education) to improve patient outcomes in areas of unmet medical need that are aligned with Pfizer’s medical and/or scientific strategies.
Pfizer’s GMG competitive grant program involves a publicly posted Request for Proposal (RFP) that provides detail regarding a general area of interest, sets timelines for review and approval, and uses an internal Pfizer review process to make final grant decisions. Organizations are invited to submit an application addressing the knowledge gaps as outlined in the specific RFP.
For all independent medical education grants, the grant requester (and ultimately the grantee) is responsible for the design, implementation, and conduct of the independent initiative supported by the grant. Pfizer must not be involved in any aspect of project development, nor the conduct of the independent education program.
Date RFP Issued: July 28, 2023
Geographic Scope: Global
Clinical Area: Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Link to full RFP: Emerging Science in the Management of Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Application Due Date: September 7, 2023
Specific Area of Interest: Projects that will be considered for Pfizer support will focus on education surrounding emerging evidence in acute myeloid leukemia including:
- -Improve knowledge of the role of CD47 targeting agents in the treatment of AML in patients who are not candidates for intensive chemotherapy
- -Increase knowledge of unmet needs when treating patients with AML unsuitable for intensive chemotherapy
- -Increase understanding of the mechanism of action and the scientific rationale for anti-CD47 agents as potential treatment options for AML
- -Increase awareness of emerging data and key differences between CD47 targeting agents in development
- Refer to complete details in the full RFP document. If you have questions regarding this RFP, please direct them in writing to Amanda Kaczerski, Grant Officer (Amanda.Kaczerski@pfizer.com).