Pfizer Global Medical Grants (GMG) – Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma RFP
Academic Unit: inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: Tuesday 2nd, August 2022
External Deadline: Monday 8th, August 2022
Pfizer Global Medical Grants (GMG) supports the global healthcare community’s independent initiatives (e.g., research, quality improvement, or education) to improve patient outcomes in areas of unmet medical need that are aligned with Pfizer’s medical and/or scientific strategies.
Pfizer’s GMG competitive grant program involves a publicly posted Request for Proposal (RFP) that provides detail regarding a general area of interest, sets timelines for review and approval, and uses an internal Pfizer review process to make final grant decisions. Organizations are invited to submit an application addressing the knowledge gaps as outlined in the specific RFP.
For all independent medical education grants, the grant requester (and ultimately the grantee) is responsible for the design, implementation, and conduct of the independent initiative supported by the grant. Pfizer must not be involved in any aspect of project development, nor the conduct of the independent education program.
Date RFP Issued: July 1, 2022
Geographic Scope: United States, Western Europe, Japan, Singapore, Canada, and Brazil
Clinical Area: Oncology-Hematology-Myeloma
Link to full RFP: Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
Application Due Date: August 8, 2022
Specific Area of Interest: Projects that will be considered for Pfizer support will focus on increasing healthcare professional understanding of BCMA-directed therapies (BCMAxCD3 bi-specifics; BCMA-ADC; BCMA – CAR-T cells) in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, including:
- – Mechanisms of action
- – Available clinical data – efficacy insights and side effect profiles
- – Overview of experiences and potential for sequencing of BCMAdirected treatments
- – Clinical risk factors for the development of treatment-specific AEs
- – Use of prognostic biomarkers (with focus on cytogenetics/GEP) in clinical practice
- – Role of sBCMA on this therapeutic class
- – Role of MRD in response assessment and therapy management
- – Mechanisms of drug-resistance/loss of response with emerging treatments
– Therapy management