Prix de l’ACFAS
Memorial Deadline: Tuesday 12th, November 2019
External Deadline: Friday 7th, February 2020
Nominators are advised to contact Ellen Steinhauer , Manager, Awards and Honours, SIRI, for information on this program, if they are interested in these competitions.
Every year since 1944, Acfas has been partnering with partners to award prizes for exceptional research contributions in all areas of knowledge. It awards nine awards to researchers who have reached maturity in their careers.
- A person can not apply himself;
- The application may be proposed by a person, a group of persons or a representative of an organization. For the Acfas Pierre-Dansereau award for social commitment, the application is presented by two people: a person supporting the contribution to scientific life and a person supporting social commitment.
- The person being nominated must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- The person nominated for the Acfas Denise-Barbeau – College Research Award must do research at a college in Quebec;
- The person must have achieved a significant part of his career in French (teaching, popularization, collaboration, publications, etc.), the file submitted as proof;
- One person is nominated for one prize at a time;
- The application of a person who has already received an Acfas Prize may be re-submitted for a different price;
- Applications are valid for two consecutive competitions. An update of the curriculum vitae and the letter of presentation is however requested. Letters of support are valid for both consecutive contests without modification;
- No book or other production must accompany the application;
- The winner receives a $ 5,000 scholarship. For the Acfas Pierre-Dansereau Social Engagement Award, the $ 5,000 scholarship will be awarded to one or more Canadian research-related organizations for which the winner is awarded, subject to approval by Acfas.