Research Software Program Competitive Funding – Call 3
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Monday 25th, November 2019
External Deadline: Thursday 28th, November 2019
Building on previous CANARIE Research Software funding calls, Call 3 focuses on research platform sharing across multiple academic research teams, projects, and disciplines. Under this competitive call, up to $3.6M in funding will be contributed to Canadian research teams to modify and maintain an existing software platform in order to meet the needs of at least five new research teams. A platform, known internationally as a science gateway, is a software package that supports a large portion of what researchers need to do in their workflow.
The purpose of the call is to:
- Allow researchers to adapt and reuse existing software to meet their research needs;
- Reduce software development duplication by promoting the sharing of platforms and reducing new development; and
- Extend platform lifetimes and support a larger base of researchers by providing a maintenance funding mechanism.
Additional information can be found here.
Information Webinars (please register for the session of your choice at the links below):
- September 19, 2019 – 1:00 pm ET | Register: canarie.ca/rs-webinar1
- October 7, 2019 – 1:00 pm ET | Register: canarie.ca/rs-webinar2
Questions about the Call
- If you have other questions about this call or about CANARIE’s Research Software Program, please contact: email@example.com.
- Common questions and their answers will also be posted to the Call’s Frequently Asked Questions page on a regular basis. Applicants are encouraged to check the site for an updated list of questions and answers.