Resource Allocation Competitions
Academic Unit: Contact your Unit
Memorial Deadline: RGCS review not required
External Deadline: Thursday 7th, November 2019
The Compute Canada federation invites researchers to apply to the annual Resource Allocation Competitions (RAC). These competitions give you the opportunity to have access to more compute, storage and cloud resources. Applications submitted are evaluated for both technical feasibility and scientific excellence.
Who should apply?
These competitions are open to researchers based at Canadian academic institutions who are eligible to apply for funding to the federal granting agencies. You should consider applying if you need:
• Compute >= 50 Core Year, OR
• Storage >= 10 TBs, OR
• GPUs >= 10 GPU years, OR
• Cloud Compute >= 80 VCPUs, OR
• Persistent Cloud >= 10 VCPUs, OR
• Cloud storage >= 1 TB
• If your resource needs are less than the limits mentioned above, you may use Compute Canada’s Rapid Access Service and should not submit a RAC application.
• You can view your past resource usage here: https://ccdb.computecanada.ca/me/group_usage
• Visit this page to see the list of resources available for RAC 2020.
How to apply
Proposals must be submitted electronically through the CCDB no later than November 7, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.
• RAC – Overview
• RRG Competition Guide
• RPP Competition Guide
• CCV Submission Guide
Questions about RAC 2020 are welcome by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For general inquiries about the process, please visit the RAC Frequently Asked Questions page.
Additional information can be found at Compute Canada webpage.