Resource Allocation Competitions
External Deadline: Thursday 8th, November 2018
Memorial researchers interested in applying to this competition are encouraged to contact ACENET for assistance in preparing applications:
Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technology Officer, ACENET
902.867.2476 | www.ace-net.ca | @computeatlantic
Research Consultant, ACENET
The Compute Canada federation invites researchers to apply to the annual Resource Allocation Competitions (RAC). These competitions give you the opportunity to have access to more compute, storage and cloud resources. Applications submitted are evaluated for both technical feasibility and scientific excellence.
Who should apply?
These competitions are open to researchers based at Canadian academic institutions who are eligible to apply for funding to the federal granting agencies. You should consider applying if you need:
• Compute >= 50 Core Year, OR
• Storage >= 10 TBs, OR
• GPUs >= 10 GPU years, OR
• Cloud Compute >= 80 VCPUs, OR
• Persistent Cloud >= 10 VCPUs, OR
• Cloud storage >= 1 TB
• If your resource needs are less than the limits mentioned above, you may use Compute Canada’s Rapid Access Service and should not submit a RAC application.
• You can view your past resource usage here: https://ccdb.computecanada.ca/me/group_usage
• Visit this page to see the list of resources available for RAC 2019.
How to apply
All proposals must be submitted electronically through the Compute Canada DataBase (CCDB) by Thursday, November 8, 2018, at 11:59 PM (EST).
• RAC – Overview
• RRG Competition Guide
• RPP Competition Guide
• CCV Submission Guide
Questions about RAC 2019 are welcome by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For general inquiries about the process, please visit the RAC Frequently Asked Questions page.