Shastri Scholar Travel Subsidy Grant (SSTSG) 2019-20
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Tuesday 10th, September 2019
External Deadline: Sunday 15th, September 2019
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a Call for Applications for Shastri Scholar Travel Subsidy Grants (SSTSG) 2019-20 from SICI’s Canadian and Indian Member Institutions in good standing. SSTSG assists faculty members, doctoral and, or post-doctoral students, with travel subsidies to participate in conferences, workshops, seminars and academic meetings in partner countries (India or Canada) that are intended to establish institutional and scholarly linkages.Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research /training /activity ‘shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
Key objectives of SSTSG are:
- Facilitate enhancing personal and professional growth of participating scholars and institutions;
- Facilitate promoting academic linkages between India and Canada.
Please note the following points:
- Institutions may receive only one SSTSG award, and receipt of the award is subject to the institution being a SICI member in good standing with fully paid-up membership for the current year (2019-20);
- An individual who was awarded an SSTSG may not receive another Travel Subsidy Grant until at least one (1) year has passed. For example, an individual who received an SSTSG in 2018-19 will be eligible to apply for a second SSTSG in 2020-21;
- Selected SSTSG awardees will have two weeks to confirm their acceptance of the grant (subject to their institution’s eligibility);
- Any declined SSTSG or availability of surplus funds may result in the award of grants among any of the wait-listed applications, subject to the application of other rules of SICI which allows benefits to be more broadly distributed among its members;
- SSTSG funds will be released to the recipients’ institutions upon receipt of the scholar’s final report.
- CAD$1,500 (to support the scholar’s international economy class airfare);
- Associated costs related to visas, meals, per diem and accommodation are not eligible under this grant.
Number of Awards: 10 (ten)
SSTSG Timeframe : 15 July 2019 – December 2020
Note: Any travel that starts and finishes within the period of 15th July 2019 to 31st December 2020 will be eligible under this grant. Travel initiated or completed before or after the timeline mentioned above will not be eligible under this grant.
For more information or queries, please email to:
Program and Member Relations Officer
Additional Information can be found here.