SSHRC Connection Grant
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Wednesday 27th, October 2021
External Deadline: Monday 1st, November 2021
Connection Grants are expected to respond to the objectives of the Connection program.
These grants support events and outreach activities geared toward short-term, targeted knowledge mobilization initiatives. These events and activities represent opportunities to exchange knowledge and to engage with participants on research issues of value to them. Events and outreach activities funded by a Connection Grant can often serve as a first step toward more comprehensive and longer-term projects.
Connection Grants support workshops, colloquiums, conferences, forums, summer institutes, or other events or outreach activities that facilitate:
- disciplinary and/or interdisciplinary exchanges in the social sciences and humanities;
- scholarly exchanges between those working in the social sciences and humanities and those working in other research fields;
- intersectoral exchanges between academic researchers in the social sciences and humanities and researchers and practitioners from the public, private and/or not-for-profit sectors; and/or
- international research collaboration and scholarly exchanges with researchers, students and non-academic partners from other countries.
Only an eligible Canadian institution can administer funds. However, the intellectual leadership and governance for Connection Grant activities can come from within the research community and/or from within the public, private and/or not-for-profit sectors.
Value and duration
- Connection Grants supporting events are valued at $7,000 to $25,000 over one year.
- Connection Grants supporting outreach activities are valued at $7,000 to $50,000 over one year.
- A minimum request of $7,000 is required.
SSHRC is willing to consider amounts higher than $50,000, although such applications must satisfactorily justify the need for the higher amount, as well as provide evidence the entire award can be managed within the one-year timeframe.
SSHRC will not fund the full cost of any Connection project. Additional support in the form of eligible cash and/or in-kind contributions (excluding registration fees) equivalent to a minimum of 50% of the amount requested from SSHRC must come from sponsoring organizations.
Additional information can be found here.