SSHRC Insight Development Grant
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Inquire with Unit
External Deadline: Saturday 2nd, February 2019
Academic Units will be assuming the responsibility for institutional review and electronic submission of applications for the CIHR Project, CIHR Foundation, SSHRC Insight, SSHRC Insight Development, NSERC Discovery, and NSERC RTI Grants competitions. Research Grant and Contract Services will no longer be completing the electronic submission for these grants, but will be supporting Academic Units in their review of applications as they may require. If you are intending on applying to any of these competitions, please contact your Grants Facilitation Officer, Associate Dean (Research) or equivalent unit signatory to obtain information on internal deadlines and processes for institutional review and electronic submission for your unit.
New this year and of particular interest to applicants
- – Applicants can select a specific adjudication committee to evaluate their application instead of a research group;
- – The adjudication committee structure will include disciplinary, multidisciplinary and thematic committees;
- – Specific instructions for applicants who have selected one of the two multidisciplinary committees have been added to the Summary of Proposal module;
- – A Reviewer Exclusion module has been added; and
- – The PDF formatting of the Funds Requested from SSHRC module has been improved.
- – Normally, a researcher may not apply, as an applicant, for an Insight Grant and Insight Development Grant within the same calendar year. However, since the launch of the smaller Insight Grants Stream A in 2017, SSHRC approved an exception to this regulation to allow researchers who applied unsuccessfully for an Insight Development Grant in February the option to apply for an Insight Grant in October.
For the foreseeable future SSHRC will extend this exception to the multiple applications regulations. Therefore, researchers who apply for an Insight Development Grant in February 2019 and are not successful may apply for an Insight Grant in October 2019.
For technical questions please contact:
For Programs-related questions please contact:
Research Grants and Partnerships Division