Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) National Data Platform – Registration
External Deadline: Tuesday 17th, April 2018
Registration Deadline: April 17, 2018
Application Deadline: June 19, 2018
The objectives of the SPOR National Data Platform will be to:
- 1. Create efficiencies in data collection and reduce the time required for researchers to access multi-jurisdictional data.
- 2. Establish systems of retrieval, standardization/harmonization and linkage of high priority clinical data to administrative and social data to enable richer population-based multi-jurisdictional studies to be conducted.
- 3. Establish valid and reliable methods for linking primary research data (e.g., cohorts, clinical trials) to health administrative, social and other data to create efficiencies in data collection.
- 4. Inform and provide innovative and ethical solutions to data access and its use through patient and partner engagement.
- 5. Facilitate access to data analytic and data storage services, as needed, for multi-jurisdictional studies.
CIHR financial contributions for this initiative are subject to availability of funds. Should CIHR funding levels not be available or are decreased due to unforeseen circumstances, CIHR reserves the right to reduce, defer or suspend financial contributions to grants received as a result of this funding opportunity.
The total amount available from CIHR for this funding opportunity is up to $39,000,000 enough to fund one grant for a term of up to seven years. The breakdown of the annual funding available is as follows:
- Year 1: $3,000,000
- Year 2: $4,000,000
- Year 3: $5,000,000
- Year 4: $6,000,000
- Years 5-7: $7,000,000 in each year
This funding is meant to plan, develop and implement a National Data Platform. CIHR funding beyond seven years is not guaranteed.
Additional program details are available on CIHR’s website.
Webinars will be presented by CIHR and SPOR to provide information on the Request for Applications and answer any questions from the applicants. Please register using the links below: