The 2019-2020 Call for proposals for the Habitat Stewardship Program – Expression of Interest
External Deadline: Friday 30th, November 2018
I am pleased to provide you with details on the 2019-2020 Habitat Stewardship Program (HSP) Call for Proposals. Attached you will find the Call for Proposals, Application Guidelines, the Expression of Interest (EOI) form template, and a map of priority places in the Atlantic Region.
In its 20th year, the HSP provides funding to help Canadians protect species at risk and their habitats. The program fosters land, water and resource use practices that maintain the habitat necessary for the survival and recovery of species at risk, enhancing existing conservation activities and encouraging new ones.
The online tracking system will be open to accept proposals on November 27th, 2018. Over the next 2 weeks, I encourage you to familiarize yourself with the attached application guidelines and program priorities. I further strongly encourage you to submit an Expression of Interest to ensure that your proposal aligns with the 2019-2020 Program priorities.
The deadline for Expressions of Interest is Friday, November 30th 2018.
The deadline to submit a proposal is December 21st, 2018.
Please note that starting in 2019-2020, the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) is transitioning to take on full authority for projects that contribute to the recovery of aquatic species at risk. Applicants wishing to pursue new aquatic HSP projects should contact the appropriate DFO regional coordinator, directly.
*** Important information for Habitat Stewardship Program proposals in Atlantic Canada ***
Please find below additional information specific to the Atlantic Region.
- Please see attached for a copy of the Habitat Stewardship Program Priorities in Atlantic Region for 2019-2020. Please ensure you review the Call for Proposals and Application Guidelines received in the previous email in addition to this regional document.
- Expressions of Interest are strongly encouraged and should be submitted to Leblanc@canada.ca. The deadline for Expressions of Interest is Friday, November 30th 2018. Early submissions are strongly encouraged. Please use the Expression of Interest template attached.
- If you are not submitting an Expression of Interest please email Leblanc@canada.ca to initialize your accounts with the online application system.
- There is a delay in the launch of the national online application system for 2019-2020. It is scheduled to be operational November 27th, 2018.
- The submission deadline for HSP proposals through the online application system is Friday, December 21st, 2018.
For additional information, please contact:
Funding Coordinator – Atlantic Region, Canadian Wildlife Service
Environment and Climate Change Canada / Government of Canada