Training Grant: Health Research Training Platform (2021/22 Pilot) – Application
Academic Unit: Inquire with your unit
Memorial Deadline: Tuesday 15th, June 2021
External Deadline: Tuesday 22nd, June 2021
SIRI will be offering support with application development for this opportunity. Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact Jennifer Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org) early during the development process to discuss the services available to them.
- CIHR is pleased to announce the launch of the Health Research Training Platform (HRTP) Pilot Funding Opportunity. As presented in the CIHR Strategic Action Plan on Training, CIHR recognizes the need to support the development of research leaders of tomorrow by equipping trainees and early career researchers (ECRs) with the experiences and skills needed to lead high-impact, interdisciplinary health research careers in a rapidly evolving research landscape.
- Through the HRTP Pilot, trainees and ECRs will have access to interdisciplinary, inter-jurisdictional, and intersectoral training environments (i.e., “platforms”) where they will benefit from high-caliber mentors and gain the skills required for academic and non-academic careers. At the same time, the researchers serving as mentors will have an opportunity to access up to $2.4M over six years to advance their fields of research by training and mentoring the next generation of researchers in their field.
- Through the funded platforms, trainees and ECRs will receive comprehensive training from academic, non-academic, and knowledge-user mentors from a variety of disciplines, ultimately providing trainees with a broad-based foundation that can serve as a springboard to independent careers within and outside of academia. In addition to providing training for ECRs, this pilot competition will generate opportunities for ECRs to be active participants in the development of training platforms by requiring at least one ECR applicant and at least two ECR mentors per platform.
- CIHR will take stock of lessons learned from the HRTP Pilot funding opportunity to continue to improve its career development and training support offerings to the health research community – including how best to support Nominated Principal Applicants (NPAs) in the crucial role they serve as mentors to the next generation of health researchers. Future iterations of this competition are not confirmed at this time.
Information Webinar: March 4, 2021 – JOIN
- Additional information can be found here.