Undergraduate Summer Studentship Award
Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit
Memorial Deadline: Thursday 30th, January 2020
External Deadline: Tuesday 4th, February 2020
The purpose of this funding opportunity is to provide undergraduate students and health professional students with the opportunity to undertake health research projects with established investigators in an environment that provides strong mentorship.
The CIHR Institute of Aging (CIHR-IA) and the CIHR Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (CIHR-IHDCYH) will provide funding for meritorious applications that are determined to be relevant to one or more areas of their respective mandates and strategic directions (see below).
This funding opportunity will support projects relevant to the following research areas:
- -CIHR-IA will provide funding for meritorious applications that are within the Institute’s mandate and determined to be relevant to one or more of its Strategic Directions or sub-directions as described in its current 2019-2021 Strategic Plan (see Additional Information for further information on sub-directions).
- -CIHR-IHDCYH will provide funding for meritorious applications that are within the Institute’s mandate and determined to be relevant to one or more of its Strategic Research Priorities as described in its 2018-2020 Refreshed Strategic Plan, (see Additional Information for further information
CIHR and partner(s) financial contributions for this initiative are subject to availability of funds. Should CIHR or partner(s) funding levels not be available or are decreased due to unforeseen circumstances, CIHR and partner(s) reserve the right to reduce, defer or suspend financial contributions to awards received as a result of this funding opportunity.
- Funds Available
The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $70,000, enough to fund approximately 14 awards. The maximum amount per award is $1,250 per month for up to four (4) months, for a total of $5,000 per award.
- Of this $70,000:
- $50,000 is available to fund applications relevant to CIHR-IA.
- $20,000 is available to fund applications relevant to CIHR-IHDCYH.
- Applications relevant to each pool will be funded top down in order of ranking.
- An additional 25 percent (at minimum) above the stipend contribution (i.e. $1,250 or more) must be secured from other sources by the supervisor(s), such as university funds, CIHR and/or NSERC grants or any other research funds.
- For more information on the appropriate use of funds, refer to Allowable Costs.
- Of this $70,000:
Visit CIHR’s website for additional details.