Wild Blueberry Association of North America (WBANA) 2023 – Preliminary Research Proposals (PRP)
Academic Unit: inquire with unit
Memorial Deadline: RGCS review not required for preliminary proposal
External Deadline: Monday 20th, June 2022
The Wild Blueberry Association of North America (WBANA) is accepting Preliminary Research Proposals (PRP) for consideration by the organization’s Health Research Committee. The goal of the PRP is to allow WBANA to determine if the proposed Project fits within the organization’s scope of interests and available funding. Researchers may submit more than one PRP. WBANA will consider providing support for relevant projects already receiving funds from other sources, in order to expand the
goals and outcomes of the Project.
PRPs should be submitted to Kit Broihier at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17, 2022. Applicants will receive acknowledgement of receipt of their PRP via email.
Proposal Process Deadlines:
6/17/22 Due date for PRPs [sponsor extended deadline to June 20]
7/15/22 Request sent to successful PRP applicants to submit full proposals (applicants whose PRPs were not approved will not be contacted to submit a full proposal)
8/31/22 Due date for receipt of full research proposals
1/2023 Notification of final proposal decisions
Preliminary Proposal Requirements:
• Project title which is descriptive and informative
• Name and affiliation of principal investigator and major collaborators
• In a maximum of 2 pages (1.5-inch line spacing) describe the proposed project, its goals, rationale, and general timeline. Clearly state how the project could contribute to the body of evidence supporting human health effects of wild blueberries/blueberries
• Research budget, outlined under major categories (materials and supplies, salaries, travel etc). Indicate availability of any leveraging funds. For multi-year projects, outline the budget per calendar year. Note: As a 501(c)(5) non-profit, it is the policy of WBANA not to pay for overhead costs
• Bibliography of key background information relevant to the proposed research
• Estimated need for frozen wild blueberries, wild blueberry and placebo powders About WBANA’s Health Research program and priorities:
WBANA is a small trade organization with a limited health research budget. We strive to support as many high-quality projects as possible. Our current priorities are to examine the effects of wild blueberries in the areas of: neuroscience, cardiovascular, metabolic health, and wellness in aging. Compelling PRPs outside these topics will be considered.