National Research Council (NRC) – RWTH Aachen University
Academic Unit: Inquire with your unit
Memorial Deadline: Inquire with RGCS
Mitacs has partnered with Canada’s National Research Council (NRC) and RWTH Aachen University in Germany to offer German master’s and PhD researchers the opportunity to conduct international research collaborations at NRC collaboration centres and Canadian universities. NRC researchers are responsible for generating eligible research projects in conjunction with a Canadian university researcher as co-supervisor.
- Deadline: interns can apply all year when projects become available on the RWTH Aachen University website
- Level: master’s or PhD students
- Home institution of the Intern: RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
- Note: The projects are required to come under an NRC Challenge or Supercluster Program
- Co-funding: no contribution or co-funding agreement required from the Canadian university
- Award: up to $18K
- Duration: 24 to 48 weeks (twice the duration of a standard GRA project)
- Location: in Canada at both the NRC and university facilities
- Application process: for the detailed process, visit the RWTH Aachen University website
NEW: Starting this July, interested professors from Canadian universities without an existing collaboration at the NRC can fill out the attached form to communicate their interest to the NRC. Once completed, the professor must send the form to email@example.com.