Well-being, Health and Biomedical Discovery


Academic Unit: Inquire with Unit

Memorial Deadline: Tuesday 24th, September 2019

External Deadline: Friday 27th, September 2019


In 2019, the Health Research Foundation (HRF) of Innovative Medicines Canada will award two (2) research Fellowships in the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Health Research in its impact on health care in Canada. One of the Fellowships will focus on AI’s impact on health system sustainability, while the second Fellowship will focus on AI’s impact on patient outcomes.

The objectives of these HRF Fellowships is to support outstanding MD and/or PhD researchers to become our future scientists and health care leaders with the tools to contribute to the innovative health care system of tomorrow, and to facilitate collaboration, teamwork, and trust between academic research centers and the pharmaceutical industry to find better ways to transfer knowledge from research to the health system.

Each fellowship will have an award of $100,000 and is available to one person per fellowship. The Prize is awarded with the expectation that the recipient will continue to demonstrate excellence in their field of work.

Funding and Payment

The Fellowship is a $100,000 grant to be used to support the research project. Disbursement of funds will be 80% upon award, with remaining 20% provided upon receipt of the final research report.

Disbursement of the Fellowship to the recipients shall take place at the presentation to the Fellowship winners at the HRF AI Health Research Event in Montreal on November 20, 2019.

Recipients must submit a testimonial regarding the importance of the funding received and/or participate in other marketing activities which may be displayed on the HRF website. A statement of progress must be provided after completion of the funded year of study. Recipients must represent the HRF by presenting their research to a relevant audience, with recognition of HRF for their support.

Questions should be directed to




Funding Sources

Innovative Medicines Canada

This opportunity was posted by: RGCS

Last modified: July 29, 2019